A Community of Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Lovers
A recent news article highlighted the danger of a toy that amounts to a ball with a single hole. In the most recent incident, a dog was euthanized after its tongue was destroyed by the suction caused by the toy (reported to be by Kong). This is certainly not the first time a single hole in a hard rubber toy has caused serious injury.
The problem is that the toy has only one hole, and because of this, the dog's tongue is at risk when the suction of the toy's only hole "grabs" onto the tongue.
With all dog toys, avoid those with only one hole that can cause serious injury to the tongue (loss of circulation, leading to death).