A Community of Labradoodle & Goldendoodle Lovers
As some of you know, my dog Lily passed away a year ago at age 14.5. A few weeks after her passing, the FDA came out with an alert regarding Grain Free diets causing heart problems.
There is now a report available at: https://efoodalert.wordpress.com/2019/06/27/574-companion-animals-stricken-with-dcm-no-answers-yet/
Some of you may be like me, having to pick up after your dog as soon as they, ahem, poop.
I started out with the bags sold specifically for this purpose. I found I had a problem with them being so narrow, that I had trouble picking up the poop (my hands are too big?!?). I also objected to the price.
Here's the bags I buy - the 7 x 12":…
The FDA released an alert to pet owners who use:
Bravecto, Credelio, Nexgard, and Simparica flea & tick products.
To read more go to Phylis' eFoodAlert safety blog: https://efoodalert.wordpress.com/2018/09/20/fda-warns-of-possible-flea-tick-med-side-effects/
I'd been feeding my dogs Earthborn Holistics grain free fish formula for years. About a year ago, they started having loose stools with the new bag of food. I never occurred to me that the manufacturer had changed the formula as drastically as they did. It wasn't until late July of this year that I looked at the ingredients list (online), and realized that they had made drastic changes to the formula. I believe when I started my dogs on that food, it listed "fish meal", fish, potato, etc…Continue
Earlier this month, Evanger's and Nutripack dog foods recalled certain "beef" products due to contamination with pentobarbital (a lethal poison used to euthanize animals not meant for consumption). Here's the latest info -
There are links on that page…Continue
Ning informs me that their Engineers think they've solved the flaky problems some of us have experienced - posts that don't seem to get immediately posted, duplicate posts, that kind of thing.
What they suggest is that if you are still seeing strange things, try clearing your browser cache, and see if that helps.
If it doesn't help, please let me know, and I'll open a new Trouble Ticket (once I'm clear about the particulars of the problem seen, so I can convey…Continue
If ning goes down again, the only way I can communicate to all of you that we are aware of the situation is the Doodle Discussion Forum at: http://disc.yourwebapps.com/Indices/141437.html
So if you can't access this community, check there first before panicking. ;)
Added by Jan, Lily & Nessy on September 16, 2016 at 11:15pm — No Comments
Ning.com was out for a few hours tonight while the new owners did whatever they needed to do. (Ning.com was owned by Mode Media, and is now owned by Cyndx-lic).
Most of the site seems to be back & working (but not all, at least the administrative end is still out of…Continue
Added by Jan, Lily & Nessy on September 16, 2016 at 10:57pm — No Comments
The ning support team has been working feverishly to resolve the various outages they caused while rebalancing their networks. They assure us that they are aware that there have been problems accessing various ning communities, and with things like picture uploads and timeout errors, and that they have resolved most of the problems, and will continue to enhance the ning experience for all of us. There may be some additional outages in near future as they finish their…Continue
So sorry folks, seems a spammer got past me. I've removed them from the community, but I hope none of you responded to their request to contact them privately. If you did, I suggest you discontinue communication and report their emails as spam to your internet email provider.
Again, I'm sorry, I slipped up.
A recent news article highlighted the danger of a toy that amounts to a ball with a single hole. In the most recent incident, a dog was euthanized after its tongue was destroyed by the suction caused by the toy (reported to be by Kong). This is certainly not the first time a single hole in a hard rubber toy has caused serious injury.
The problem is that the toy has only one hole, and because of this, the dog's tongue is at risk when the suction of the toy's only hole "grabs"…Continue
This is worthy of mention, (or why would I bother you?) - Bloat, aka Gastric Dialation w/ Vulvus (GDV) - this condition's onset is swift, and can be lethal if not treated immediately. To understand what this is about, and to know what to look for, please read http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_bloat.html
If you've been having trouble updating your account profile photo, and are using IE (Internet Explorer) as your browser, please try using a different browser. For some reason IE has been giving people problems with the profile photo update. Meanwhile, we know other browsers work just fine (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.).
Hope this helps!
After a slight glitch, the voting may commence for the photo of the Month of February.
As always, it will be hard to decide because there are such great photos!
Added by Jan, Lily & Nessy on February 4, 2014 at 10:02pm — No Comments
This time the FDA is asking for help from consumers and Vets to make reports if their pet gets sick from eating jerky treats: http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm371413.htm
They've also expanded their concern from just Chicken Jerky treats to include Duck, Sweet Potato and/or Dried Fruit.
If you suspect your dog is sick from eating a jerky treat, see your Vet and bring…Continue
Today, Mom brought home some dried beef tendons from the pet store!
We haven't had those in a long time, so we were very excited!!!
We sat in separate places (no bothering each-other), and chewed and chewed for 45 minutes!
Mom says quiet time is good ;)
Well, Lily's annual Vet visit went well - she's doing great.
However, the Vet showed me where she's wearing down her molars from chewing on deer antlers. Since she's 9 years old, we're not too concerned...
But it got me thinking that folks with dogs much younger than Lily would be advised to make sure their Vet knows to look for signs of too much wear from chewing antlers (they are really too hard, thus they cause excessive wear on the dog's teeth).
Foods affected: California Natural, EVO, Healthwise, Innova (various formulations / lots)
Reason given: potential to be contaminated with Salmonella. No Salmonella-related illnesses have been reported.
See the FDA website for specific product details: http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm344421.htm
Dress Kramer (game) - http://goldendoodles.com/fun_games/stpatrickfun.htm
Happy St. Patrick's Day All!